To become a massage therapist you’ll usually need to complete a qualification lasting around six months, depending on how frequently you attend classes. In Kabayan DXB, only 6 Fridays you can be an expert massage therapist.
Top reasons to become a massage therapist
- Flexible work. If you’re setting up as self-employed, you get to set your hours of business and fit work around your other commitments, whether that’s family, another job, or writing your memoirs.
- Working from home. You’ll also be in charge of where you work, if you decide to work for yourself. If you’re not working as an employee of a clinic or a gym, be sure to think about what sort of space will appeal to your customers. It’ll need to be welcoming, clean, warm, quiet and clutter-free.
- Helping people. The benefits of massage therapy can be far reaching. Just one treatment can help to relieve muscle tension and pain, while more regular treatments over a longer period may help reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression as well as other mental health conditions.
- Physical activity. Massage therapy can be a great career choice for those who like to keep active. It’s worth thinking about whether you’re happy to work in what can be a physically challenging job – especially if you choose to offer sports massage or deep tissue massage.
- Meeting different people. Working with the public can have its pitfalls, but it can also be a great way to meet a wide range of people you may not otherwise have met. You might even find people working in other complementary therapies to skill swap with.